RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:54:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181052 times)
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »

Really hoping you guys can continue with your app.  So far its been my favorite to use.
Really hoping you guys can continue with your app.  So far its been my favorite to use.

I couldn't agree more.  The app is honestly what brought me to this site and got me to start contributing.

+1
It was the app that make me came here, it's very simple and functional, both it have some bugs and it's missing advanced options. unfortunately I don't have experience for programming, but I can help with ideas ehehe.

I really enjoy the possibility to add to the collection using a barcode scanner, and the simply layout and filters really helps to quickly see wich games are complete, or missing manual. For me this is fantastic, but...

If you have to move a game from a folder to another you will loose the comments that you previous add in the website, because the lack of editing tools for colection and impossibility to see and edit/create comments.

In my opinion and wish list of what can be improved:
1-View, add and edit comments
2-Edit entries of the owned collection(nº of game, manuals or box) without having to remove one entry and add another.
3-Move/copy games from one folder to another
4-possibility to set a default folder for new entries
  For advanced users:
5-possibility to submit games/variation/edits/images
6-possibility to check the submission status of submited games/variation/edits

Also would be good to have a full refresh of the collection, for example if one entry get the name edited , will always show the previous name on the listing, if you click to see the details will be displayed correctly, but the list still be with wrong/previous name. This make me to delete the cache and make login again. I don't know if it's a bug or limitation...

Related with bugs I just found one, the APP with barcode scan don't find Hardware...(PS I don't have the SWITCH!)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2017, 05:50:32 AM »

Issue with the barcode reader, its not the app its the sites search engine.  when you search a barcode it wants the exact barcode number that's in with the game. The fix would need to be in the search on the site to find partial barcodes, the phone reader does not get the end of some of the codes when they have 2 set  like most gamecube games with the 001001.   

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »

Issue with the barcode reader, its not the app its the sites search engine.  when you search a barcode it wants the exact barcode number that's in with the game. The fix would need to be in the search on the site to find partial barcodes, the phone reader does not get the end of some of the codes when they have 2 set  like most gamecube games with the 001001.   
It's not the case, I tried with several hardware, and none get in the results, and also confirmed the read upc code with the one in database. If you can say any hardware to get in results please say which one to test it.
Regards

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2017, 05:58:57 PM »

You are correct, I verified the upc was correct on the site and it didn't work with the app but does work on the pc with a barcode reader

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

My phone crashed and I had to get a new one.  I can't find the RFGENERATION app.  WherE can I find it.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »

It's in the Google play store under rf generation

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2017, 12:32:34 PM »

It's in the Google play store under rf generation

I tried that still no rfgeneration app.  I am gonna lose my mind if I can't get it.  lol

UPDATE:  I FOUND IT ON APK or something like that.   I don't known what it is but I got it.  That's all that matters.   😆
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:42:55 PM by cverz2 » Logged
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2017, 10:20:55 AM »

Yeah the app got removed from the google play store...

Hey guys! I got a copyright takedown notice for the app, without any real detail about what I did wrong. I'm not sure what I need to do at this point... Maybe the fact that you can view images is what caused it to get flagged?

I don't know if Grue looked anymore into it or not... looks like he hasn't been around much. 

Not trying to call anyone out but I'm assuming Grue has the source code and built the app for free / to give back to the site?  Is anyone able to get in contact with him?  I'd love to see some of the updates people mentioned added to it and get the Switch entries fixed.  If he's doing it for free, I'd be willing to kick some money towards him for his time.  Maybe do a donations thing like the site does?

Not trying to stir up any trouble or anything.  I just really like having the app and it's one of the primary reasons I chose this site to track my collection and I would hate to see it die.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2017, 08:44:53 PM »

Yeah the app got removed from the google play store...

Hey guys! I got a copyright takedown notice for the app, without any real detail about what I did wrong. I'm not sure what I need to do at this point... Maybe the fact that you can view images is what caused it to get flagged?

I don't know if Grue looked anymore into it or not... looks like he hasn't been around much. 

Not trying to call anyone out but I'm assuming Grue has the source code and built the app for free / to give back to the site?  Is anyone able to get in contact with him?  I'd love to see some of the updates people mentioned added to it and get the Switch entries fixed.  If he's doing it for free, I'd be willing to kick some money towards him for his time.  Maybe do a donations thing like the site does?

Not trying to stir up any trouble or anything.  I just really like having the app and it's one of the primary reasons I chose this site to track my collection and I would hate to see it die.

An alternative would be if TheGrue doesn't have time for it anymore, maybe someone else could step in to take over work on it? As long as he's alright with sharing it, it's his project from the ground up as far as I know.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2017, 10:51:56 AM »

I can work with him to see if we can get this properly transitioned over so we could publish it under the site name. I have a feeling that is why it got pulled from the store to begin with.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »

That would be awesome!  Thanks for looking into this!

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »

+1

hope it can be re-released and keep growing like this database!!

It's already a great tool, simple and easy to track the collection. It bring me to here, and also otherpeople.

Hope it don't loose this simplicity, but also hoping that others features can be added or improved.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »

Hey guys, quick update. I was able to get the code forked and get a new APK created. Going to work on figuring out publishing and beginning to get bug fixes going as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »

Hey guys, quick update. I was able to get the code forked and get a new APK created. Going to work on figuring out publishing and beginning to get bug fixes going as well.

That's great!  Cool

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »

Awesome!  Thanks for getting this going!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length