RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:18:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Skylanders in the Db talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Skylanders in the Db talk  (Read 28052 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2015, 12:02:01 AM »

Well, it'd make separating the original Sidekicks from the new releases easier...

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »

If I can get some into the database, we can see what everyone thinks about the format.  It is about the community and not individuals.

Sidekicks (Minis), as packaged, would realistically look like:

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure: Trigger Snappy

and

Skylanders Trap Team: Drobit & Trigger Snappy Mini Set
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:09:49 AM by Techie413 » Logged

Relax, I can fix it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2015, 12:11:38 AM »

Yes, but there were Sidekcks that had the same name but different bases for Spyro's Adventure and Giants. Cry
How do you propose doing Variation Tie-Ins for something like Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz and Love Potion Pop Fizz?

Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2015, 12:17:59 AM »

There were only 4 sidekicks released per series, prior to Trap Team. No bleed over.

Spyro's Adventure:  Trigger Snappy, Gill Runt, Terrabite, Whisper Elf
Giants:  Mini Jini, Eye Small, Barkley, Thumpling

I would say that Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz is the original release, and Love Potion is the holiday variation.

Relax, I can fix it.

Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2015, 12:23:48 AM »

I just realized another problem with variation tracking.  Jolly Bumble Blast and Lightcore Bumble Blast can be considered variations, but the original Bumble Blast only came as part of the Fiery Forge Battle Pack, and should not be it's own entry.  Maybe toss the variation idea altogether and just give separate entries?

Relax, I can fix it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »

Yes, but how do you title it? The Variation Title should be the variant, so should it be Skylanders Trap Team: Pop Fizz [Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz] and [Love Potion Pop Fizz] ?

That gets into the whole deal of "components" with NFR titles in the database. We've been handling those by giving them their own page, with a Trivia entry along the lines of "Only released as part of the Fiery Forge Battle Pack" and a UPC of N/A, and adding a Related link to the bundle.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2015, 12:31:34 AM »

So, you propose having the title release as part of the Title?

That would be a good way to separate by series, thus making the variations much easier to track.  It would also help from a checklist perspective.  Of the ones that I had submitted without it, I can go back and edit after approval or start over.

I agree.
The same should likely be done with the other figures to avoid confusion of what works where or why there are multiple figures with the same name.
Don't the amiibos already have 3 marios in the US alone now? Fireball, different one bundled with a game, Walmart gold exclusive.

I know Skylanders has done the same thing but i don't know to what extent since i never got into them.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Disney ended up releasing the same figures with new stances or outfits or whatever down the line too. Unless they already have.

Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2015, 12:34:37 AM »

After looking at this: Skylanders Trap Team: Pop Fizz [Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz] and [Love Potion Pop Fizz], maybe they should be their own separate entries and not listed as variations.  From the playability perspective, the figures don't just look different.  The special editions are pre-loaded with certain upgrades or experience.

So they would need to look like this, if linked within series:

Skylanders Trap Team: Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz
Skylanders Trap Team: Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz [Love Potion Pop Fizz]

For the battle pack/adventure pack included figures, your idea makes sense.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:37:49 AM by Techie413 » Logged

Relax, I can fix it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length