RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015  (Read 24468 times)
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2015, 12:32:52 PM »

I'm enjoying the game SO much I think I would put it on my top 5 at least favorite games of all time.

Considering that this will probably be only the 5th game you've ever beaten, that's not too much of a stretch.  Wink

J/k man, I'm glad you're enjoying it, and glad to have you along for the ride.
HAHAHAHA....I guess your right man....lol...your too funny man.

There is no Spoon - Neo
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2015, 09:03:25 PM »

In an odd turn of events, it seems I inadvertently played/just beat this month's modern community playthrough game xD. To be fair....I started in late March, so I only sorta cheated O_o.

Thoughts: (Spoilers marked)

-This game looks gorgeous...I'm playing on 360, and I still marvel at all the detail. No where near as pretty as Rage though.

- In a weird way, I feel kinda uncomfortable with Laura. This is the only game that has ever made me feel pseudo-"misogynistic" for finding a main character attractive. Its like "come on, she just survived X...you can't objectify her butt no matter how much the camera zooms in on it, or her clothes degrade.

- I only used the bow and the
Spoiler (hover to show)
. The rest of the weapons felt useless.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Overall, I had a good time, and really hope they keep this Tomb Raider line up!

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »

The rest of the weapons felt useless.

I have to disagree with that.  This is actually one of the few games where I used all of the weapons pretty much evenly.  Each weapon seems to have its unique merits, and I felt like certain weapons were better suited for certain situations.  I regularly swapped between weapons depending on the challenges I was faced with.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »

I have to disagree with that.  This is actually one of the few games where I used all of the weapons pretty much evenly.  Each weapon seems to have its unique merits, and I felt like certain weapons were better suited for certain situations.  I regularly swapped between weapons depending on the challenges I was faced with.

Not sure I agree with that- I use the bow (and handgun if desperate) MUCH more because they are easiest to pull off headshots, even in heavy firefights.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2015, 09:14:46 PM »

Bow and machine gun for me. I try to stealth as much as possible and when I'm spotted the lead go flying.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »

Interesting.  I guess it just goes to show that we all have different play styles.

I still found each weapon to have their unique strengths.  Bow for stealth, pistol for picking off enemies at mid-long range, rifle for mid range crowd control, and shotgun for when they get in close.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »

Not sure I agree with that- I use the bow (and handgun if desperate) MUCH more because they are easiest to pull off headshots, even in heavy firefights.

I'm gonna have to agree with disposed hero on this one. I pretty much had fun swapping to the different weapons throughout the game. I didn't really have a problem pulling off headshots easier with any certain weapon. Of coarse some weapons were better suited for long range and some short range but that's any game. I enjoyed using and upgrading all of the weapons. None of them felt broken or rendered useless. Sounds like you just PREFERRED using certain weapons. But I definitely wouldn't go as far to say the other weapons were USELESS. Just didn't suit your playstyle. I enjoyed all the weapons. And glad they included them all. I liked all the weapons too close to have a favorite. I will say it was awesome going stealthy and picking off people un-noticed with the bow. But I seriously enjoyed all the weapons.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:38:29 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2015, 03:41:31 PM »

Bow and machine gun for me. I try to stealth as much as possible and when I'm spotted the lead go flying.

I found myself using those two weapons alot also. But I used all the weapons here or there. But if there was a stat that tracked weapon usage I'd probably have the highest usage with these two weapons as well.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »

Interesting.  I guess it just goes to show that we all have different play styles.

I still found each weapon to have their unique strengths.  Bow for stealth, pistol for picking off enemies at mid-long range, rifle for mid range crowd control, and shotgun for when they get in close.

That's pretty much how I used the weapons too man. I found them all useful.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »

Get ready for the big fight with the Samurai ghost army. That was a lot of fun! You'll feel very power when you're pumping lead into those dudes.

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2015, 09:22:53 PM »

Get ready for the big fight with the Samurai ghost army. That was a lot of fun! You'll feel very power when you're pumping lead into those dudes.

Man I can't wait!...I still haven't completed the game but I'm pretty sure I don't have TOO far to go. Think I'm like 80% complete. But Im really looking forward to how this story plays out. I Really want to know how they make it off this Island...OR IF they make it off the island. Either way....I'm loving this game man. Disposed Hero told me if I liked this game I should check out Uncharted as well. Ive never played that series before either. But after giving tomb raider a playthrough I'M DEFINITLEY checking out Uncharted. Loving the playthrough guys. So glad I joined. Can't wait for you guys to do the playcast. That's another thing, I just wanted to say I love your guy's playcasts. I just think it's really cool of you guys to care enough to host the site and do playcast about the games....Just loving every minute of it. Thanks Guys!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:33:43 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2015, 09:30:59 PM »

Thanks Neo! It's comments like that which excite us to keep doing what we do.

Uncharted is among my favourite series of games, but be aware it's very different from Tomb Raider. Uncharted is more like India Jones, so think cool explosions and gun fights with the main character offering witty one-liners.

I won't say anything about Tomb Raider's ending. I didn't quite like it, but I didn't dislike it either.

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »

Thanks Neo! It's comments like that which excite us to keep doing what we do.

Uncharted is among my favourite series of games, but be aware it's very different from Tomb Raider. Uncharted is more like India Jones, so think cool explosions and gun fights with the main character offering witty one-liners.

I won't say anything about Tomb Raider's ending. I didn't quite like it, but I didn't dislike it either.

Your Welcome Fleach. I really am having a blast man. And as far as the ending....You kind of got me worried. And now I'm even MORE curious to how it ends lol...I really am excited.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2015, 09:58:17 PM »

Don't be worried. The final boss battle is actually really great. You really see how Lara evolves into the character we know today. The ending is a little too cliche for me, but that doesn't mean it's bad. But really it's only the very last scene that I'm kind of casting in a bad light. Keep at the game and have fun with it. I can be overly critical so don't let anything I say influence your enjoyment of the game.

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »

Don't be worried. The final boss battle is actually really great. You really see how Lara evolves into the character we know today. The ending is a little too cliche for me, but that doesn't mean it's bad. But really it's only the very last scene that I'm kind of casting in a bad light. Keep at the game and have fun with it. I can be overly critical so don't let anything I say influence your enjoyment of the game.

I hear you. Will do man.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length