RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:50:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407430 times)
willardhaven
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »

Hey, linked here through cheapassgamer.

I wanted to get my profile/collection off of IGN.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #316 on: February 10, 2008, 10:10:48 PM »

Hey, welcome to RFG. Enjoy your stay!

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #317 on: February 10, 2008, 10:12:44 PM »

Welcome to our humble site, which is certainly anything but IGN.

Hello World.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »

It's good to see that word of RF Gen continues to spread.
Welcome one and all Cheesy

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »

Welcome Willardhaven

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #320 on: February 12, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »

nono

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2008, 05:04:56 AM »

nono
Huh

Kimoosabi
« Reply #322 on: February 21, 2008, 02:50:26 PM »

Hey all, my name is Matthew, and I live in Ontario Canada. I'm 23 years old, married, and have been collecting games for the past 5-6 years or so. I don't have a huge collection, as I am pretty picky about the condition. For example, I don't like loose cartridges, I only buy CIB games that are in mint condition. I have no problem with loose carts, I just prefer complete games personally.  Smiley

I'm glad that there is a site like RFG out there, it's nice to see there are like-minded game collectors from around the world here. Hopefully I will have my whole collection listed here soon, I'm still in the process of organizing. About half my collection is up now, I'll take pictures when my organization process is complete.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »

Hello, my name is Jes and I'm addicted to video games and game collecting. (sounds of everyone chiming "Hello Jes...")

I've been collecting video games off and on for over ten years, though my collection was stolen a few years back (including Panzer Dragoon Saga and most of the TG16 CD Games  Cry Cry grrr grrr) and I've just in the last few years gotten back to a 'respectable' collection (hopefully I'll get to replace PDS and some of the Duo Stuff one day...)

I live near Erie, PA and once ran a little mom and pop game chain called Endless Entertainment.  I now work a day or two a week at GameStop evilsad just to stay in touch with the industry (and discount.)  I mainly stay at home and raise my two sons, one of which is less than two weeks old Cheesy

Still uploading my collection piece by piece, not looking forward to putting in all my NES/SNES/Gen stuff (my favorite part of my collection, and about 1800+ pieces together) but I'll get there, with time.

I'm not really a 'l33t' collector, as most of my cartridge collection is just the cart (good labels, of course) except Sega Gen, because those old plastic boxes actually last.  99.99% of my cd/dvd games are complete, though, and I've got a few nice additions I'm mildly proud of. 

Lots of peeps come and hang out at our pad and in any given weekend we'll tear up anything from pong to Halo.  We just play to have fun.  My gamertag is also Slackur, but due to the eratic nature of househusbandry, I have it set to "always appear off" so I can play for 15 minutes without responding to 20 messages  razz

Anyway, feel free to message me just to chat, though I can go for awhile without checking so please be patient Tongue

And as for pictures of my collection, while about 65% is out and on display, we're house hunting, so hopefully in another year or two we'll have a Room 'o' Doom to show off.  Someday... Cool

Keelah se'lai
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »

Welcome  Matthew and Jes.
I hope you both enjoy your stay.
Go the C64 icon Cheesy

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #325 on: February 23, 2008, 03:46:10 AM »

Yeah, the good ol' C64 was the first game machine "ahem, computer" I cut my teeth on.  Nothing like a good game of Necromancer, Crossroads I and II, Threshold, BC Quest for Tires/Grog's Revenge, Sabotuer, Standing Stones, etc...ah, memories drool

Keelah se'lai
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2008, 03:07:18 PM »

Hello to all the new people I missed.  Slackur, the C64 ruled!  I loved that system, err computer.  The Vic-20 is where I started out, though.  I love the 5 adventure games they had!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
michaelbogardus
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2008, 10:09:57 AM »

My name is Mike and I'm coming to you live from the province of Nova Scotia! I was originally born in New York State where I was brought up in a fairly conservative, anti-gaming family. However some of my fondest early memories are from visits to my Uncles where I would spend the entire visit on his NES. I wasn't allowed any games however, and remember hitting up classic games like RE Lee Civil War General and Lords of Magic in my youth (two of my favourite all time games)
Later on in my mid-teens, and when I was living Nova Scotia, I convinced my mother to let me purchase a Sega Genesis at a yard sale. Of course, I was hooked. After a half a year of excessive nagging, and money saving, I purchased my first new console, a beautiful PS2 slim. Even though newer games were fun, I found myself consistently downloading roms for old NES and SNES games, particuraly RPGs.
Now that I have moved out and started my first year of college, I have started collecting NES games. After a bit over a half a year of collecting, I now sport roughly 150 NES games. Currently my list is in semi-outdated state, but I have been meaning to, and will, update it and post it soon.
I look forward to trading and talking to you all, and hope I'll frequent this as much as nesforums!
Cheers from Nova Scotia,
Mike
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »

Welcome to Rfgen michaelbogardus

Tan
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2008, 11:25:33 AM »

My name is Mike and I'm coming to you live from the province of Nova Scotia! I was originally born in New York State where I was brought up in a fairly conservative, anti-gaming family. However some of my fondest early memories are from visits to my Uncles where I would spend the entire visit on his NES. I wasn't allowed any games however, and remember hitting up classic games like RE Lee Civil War General and Lords of Magic in my youth (two of my favourite all time games)
Later on in my mid-teens, and when I was living Nova Scotia, I convinced my mother to let me purchase a Sega Genesis at a yard sale. Of course, I was hooked. After a half a year of excessive nagging, and money saving, I purchased my first new console, a beautiful PS2 slim. Even though newer games were fun, I found myself consistently downloading roms for old NES and SNES games, particuraly RPGs.
Now that I have moved out and started my first year of college, I have started collecting NES games. After a bit over a half a year of collecting, I now sport roughly 150 NES games. Currently my list is in semi-outdated state, but I have been meaning to, and will, update it and post it soon.
I look forward to trading and talking to you all, and hope I'll frequent this as much as nesforums!
Cheers from Nova Scotia,
Mike

Welcome to the site Mike!

I'm originally from Amherst and later Halifax myself and live in Saint John at the moment. Not an easy thing to be a game collector in this neck of the woods to be sure but we manage  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length