RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:19:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407508 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #675 on: June 28, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »

You made me laugh when you mentioned that most of the members are disgustingly old, but if I were to choose, I would have been born in the 60's/70's so I could have lived through the golden age of video games.

That is one upside to being my age. I have seen everything from the start, played it all the first time around, and still love it.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #676 on: June 29, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »

I in all honesty have NO idea who that is. You made me laugh when you mentioned that most of the members are disgustingly old, but if I were to choose, I would have been born in the 60's/70's so I could have lived through the golden age of video games.

I'm almost 23 and sometimes I wish I was born in the 60s more because the music was better, the drugs flowed like wine, and the arcades were seedy and places to hook up with girls that you should probably protect yourself against.

But hey my first system was a SNES and 3 years later a PS1. I don't have as much experience as a good chunk on this forum but you can rest assured you're not the only jaded youth that feels an immense amount of contempt for his generation.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Janone
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #677 on: July 11, 2012, 02:35:07 AM »

SirPsycho: You would also have to se all that disapere! :/ The arcades closing, the drugs beeing banned and the music turn...well yeah....Bieberish.

In other news!
Hi!
Im a new member since yesterday, im a 29 year old Swede living in Stockholm.
Been collecting retro videogames since 2003 and havnt stumbled upon this page before, weird. So i hope i will be able to list all my collection and all my selling/wanting. Smiley

The majority of my collection is based around Sega hardware and software, but i have my fair share of Nintendo, Neo Geo, Pc engine, Sony, Xbox and so on. Smiley

Went on a trip to Japan this January with a couple of nerd friends and omg....that was like heaven! Everyday i wake up in my bed at home im a little sad im not left over there. :/ Next time im gonna stay there for three months! Smiley

Questions? Ask! Smiley
nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #678 on: July 12, 2012, 02:28:34 PM »

Hello everyone. I just signed up for the site. Im already on a few other retro gaming forums but decide to branch out and join a few more. Happy to be hear and plan on check out more topics here.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #679 on: July 12, 2012, 03:56:06 PM »

Welcome Janone and nes_pimp! I hope you both enjoy the site and keep posting.

nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #680 on: July 15, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »

Could someone give me a bit of help with directions around the site. I was just wondering where I need to go to add my avatar and edit my profile in other ways.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #681 on: July 15, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »

There's a profile button right beneath the 'Stuck on Channel 3' banner and where it says how many messages you have. You can upload your avatar there and do some other profile changes like your signature and layout preferences.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #682 on: July 15, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »

Thanks
Orzunoid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #683 on: July 30, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »

Hey everyone, I joined a little while ago but this is my first post!  I was actually turned onto this site by the RF Generation podcast, and this seems like a great community overall.

Years ago I had LOTS of vintage gaming systems (ranging from NES & Genesis up to GameCube & Dreamcast) I have since had to get rid of all but the Dreamcast and a couple games from each system.   Sad   

What I want to do is start collecting for my favorite system, the N64.  From what I've seen in this forum, it's not such a hugely desirable system, but it has sentimental value.  I'm hoping to learn a lot from this community as I undertake this  Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #684 on: July 30, 2012, 03:03:38 PM »

Hey everyone, I joined a little while ago but this is my first post!  I was actually turned onto this site by the RF Generation podcast, and this seems like a great community overall.

Years ago I had LOTS of vintage gaming systems (ranging from NES & Genesis up to GameCube & Dreamcast) I have since had to get rid of all but the Dreamcast and a couple games from each system.   Sad   

What I want to do is start collecting for my favorite system, the N64.  From what I've seen in this forum, it's not such a hugely desirable system, but it has sentimental value.  I'm hoping to learn a lot from this community as I undertake this  Smiley

Welcome to the forums!
I would suggest you get to know a few of our members very quickly. We have at least 3-4 members trying for complete N64 collections, and they'll get you up to speed quickly with whatever you may want/need for N64. Grin

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #685 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »

Hi Orzunoid, and welcome. Glad to hear that the podcast drew you over. N64 collecting seems to be picking up steam, so grabbing them before prices start shooting up is a great plan. As Shadow mentioned, there are some N64 folks around here, so jump into the forums and don't be a stranger!

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #686 on: July 30, 2012, 08:23:52 PM »

A very warm welcome to RF Generation Orzunoid!

I do believe that collecting for a system you have the most interest or nostalgic feelings for can keep your collection going strong for a quite some time and if your going for a complete collection I wish you luck. Should have tons of fun collection for the N64.

Personally the N64 is my most nostalgic Nintendo system to collect for as I have flagged tons of hours on that system back in the day. Too much GolenEye 007, Mario Kart and many more. Its my largest Nintendo collection I have. I think the thing that turns people off about the N64 is that it was that weird phase between 2d and 3d and it was cartridge based (Which I love). But it still had its strong titles none the less.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:05:13 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #687 on: July 30, 2012, 09:55:05 PM »

N64 is a fun system to collect for, there are lots of hidden gems and it's not overly difficult or expensive to go for a complete set, except a few titles. i'm one of those few going for a complete set too, including foreign exclusives...i really need to get back into it, it's been months since i've bought anything N64 :/
Orzunoid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2012, 07:54:16 AM »

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes!

Personally the N64 is my most nostalgic Nintendo system to collect for as I have flagged tons of hours on that system back in the day. Too much GolenEye 007, Mario Kart and many more. Its my largest Nintendo collection I have. I think the thing that turns people off about the N64 is that it was that weird phase between 2d and 3d and it was cartridge based (Which I love). But it still had its strong titles none the less.

I know my friends and I logged weeks-worth of game time in both Perfect Dark and Goldeneye, but I had fun with Mario Kart 64 and Forsaken mostly on my own.  Also I used to spend hours fiddling around with a Gameshark I had for the system trying to find hidden stuff in Goldeneye and LoZ:OoT.  Unfortunately one of my college roomates broke it  Undecided  Oh well, those were good times

vitellius
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #689 on: August 05, 2012, 03:52:56 AM »

Hi everyone, I finally found a great forum for the weird species I find myself part of: the video game collectors Smiley
I've grown up with the NES and SNES and after a few years of only pc gaming I returned to my roots of console gaming. I got into collecting by listening to the retronauts podcast a few years ago and I've been collecting ever since.
I live in the Netherlands and RPG's are my favourite genre, a combination which can suck because of region locking and a lack of RPG releases for PAL regions, compared to Japan and North America. Things have gotten better with the region locking and RPG releases now.
Collecting wise I've been all over the place and I have a lot of different systems now, I think adding my collection to the collection tool on the website will take me a day, but it's a great tool and worth the effort.
I don't come across a lot of retro games or systems in the wild and as such am forced to use ebay a lot. My best finds in the wild were a SNES with Mario Kart boxed for 10 euros at a second hand goods store and Link: The Faces of Evil for the Cdi for 1 euro.
Because I want to set a good goal for myself and get some structure in my collecting, I set the goal of collecting all US RPG's on the SNES, PS1 and a full PAL Sega Saturn set.
If anyone is looking for PAl exclusive games, let me know and I'll see if I can help. There are a few Dutch selling websites where these games regularly pop up.
I'm looking forward to get very jealous of all the great finds you guys are going to post on this forum Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length