RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407726 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #750 on: October 29, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »

Welcome aboard fergojisan and Munter! It sounds like you both enjoy the older games, which of course, since they are better, right? Wink

fergojisan: You're not the only older guy around here, so I think you'll fit right in. You'll have to spill the beans at some point if you let go of any choice items. It's interesting to hear, and if there is any regret with it. I have let a few things go here and there, but I've always kept my focus on 8-bit Nintendo and SEGA.

driph
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #751 on: October 29, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »

Hey all, been lurking a bit but figured it's time to say hello.

I'm Chris, a game developer here in Las Vegas. I've been gaming since the Atari 400, but have only recently begun to collect in earnest, now that I've got a house and a room to keep/play em in.

I restore arcade cabinets, and have about of a dozen of em in varying states of completion. On the console side, I focus on Atari and Sega while my girlfriend works on building her SNES collection.

Love the community here! Just don't hold a grudge against me for using Backloggery rather than RFgen for collection management, I get a lot of use out of the progress/notes features of the former! :]

Chris
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #752 on: October 29, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »

We won't hold it against you, some folks are just here for the community Wink Welcome to the site and be sure to pop in on the forums often!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #753 on: October 29, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »

Hey all, been lurking a bit but figured it's time to say hello.

I'm Chris, a game developer here in Las Vegas. I've been gaming since the Atari 400, but have only recently begun to collect in earnest, now that I've got a house and a room to keep/play em in.

I restore arcade cabinets, and have about of a dozen of em in varying states of completion. On the console side, I focus on Atari and Sega while my girlfriend works on building her SNES collection.

Love the community here! Just don't hold a grudge against me for using Backloggery rather than RFgen for collection management, I get a lot of use out of the progress/notes features of the former! :]

Its definitely nice to have some extra arcade knowledge around these parts!! Glad to have you around.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #754 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »

Welcome Chris! I hope you enjoy the community here. We like see fellow members' collections grow no matter what service they use to track their collections.

Your knowledge of arcade cabinets and games is great fit for our team.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #755 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »

Hi everyone!  Glad I found a game collecting community like this.  

I'm Samuel from Wichita, KS, and I'm mainly collecting Dreamcast items, as well as early nintendo console items.   I'm also working on an arcade game room which has been a dream of mine for a long time.

Much love, and I look forward to getting to know you guys!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:12:46 PM by SideshowSam » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #756 on: November 15, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »

Welcome aboard, SlideshowSam. Nintendo is great stuff, and you'll find some other Sega enthusiasts here as well. Having a room to dedicate to arcade games sounds great!

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #757 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »

Welcome SideshowSam!  Can't wait to see your small scores!

SnakeRule
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #758 on: December 04, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »

Hi there!

I'm a fairly young guy from Finland who has a passion for all things gaming. I started out gaming on an NES when I was just a toddler and barely understood what was going on. Luckily I've never had to sell any of my games or consoles so I still own all of my childhood consoles and games.

As I said, I started out on an NES. I skipped the 16-bit era playing the cheaper NES and eventually my parents got me a Playstation. I really enjoyed the Playstation and ended up getting the PS2 and PS3 in the future. However, I'm not all about Playstation.
To fill the 16-bit era gap I got a Sega Mega Drive and in the handheld department I have a PSP and a Game Boy Advance SP. PC gaming has also always been important to me, starting with games like Commander Keen and Duke Nukem.
I don't have much interest in systems older than the NES, so the Atari 2600 stuff isn't really for me.

I feel that games after the PS2 era really have started to lose their personality, which is probably why my PS3 is not getting much use.

Retro game collecting is fairly tough here in Finland. Flea markets only seem to have PS2 games these days, so I'm limited to ebay. I'm looking to get more older systems, starting with an SNES.

So to recap all that rambling, I love and collect old as well as new games and consoles.  Tongue

I've already begun adding Scandinavian and Finnish versions of games to the database (with pictures), but haven't added all of my games to my collection yet.

I kook forward to getting in on the conversation!  Grin
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #759 on: December 04, 2012, 02:24:57 PM »

Welcome to RF Gen, SnakeRule!

I enjoyed reading about your gaming history. Personally, I was a Sega kid growing up and I was addicted to Sonic related things, but that died down when I discovered the PS2.

Being from Finland, you'll bring an interesting perspective to this community.

Hope to see you in the forums and blogs.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #760 on: December 04, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »

Welcome to the party SnakeRule.

We'd love to see all your scores, make sure to become a regular in the Small Scores Thread!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #761 on: December 04, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »

Welcome SnakeRule. The NES definitely has plenty of love here. Thanks for adding to the database, and be jump into the message boards!

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #762 on: December 24, 2012, 06:00:53 AM »

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:08:04 PM by tactical_nuke » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #763 on: December 24, 2012, 09:29:13 AM »

Nice to have you on board Flee. Looking forward to seeing your latest collection additions in the Small Scores thread.

HypnosProjectHQ
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #764 on: December 25, 2012, 10:37:24 PM »

My name's Derrick. I'm a video game collector, college student, and competitive Pokemon TCG player from Madison, WI. I'm 22 and attend the University of Wisconsin - Madison for journalism and communications. The main consoles I collect for are SNES, PS1, and GB/A. I really do love anything retro handheld, though. My favorite game of all time is Chrono Trigger, and I love many other nostalgic RPGs. I was once an admin for one of the largest Pokemon-related websites on the internet, Marriland.com, so I really appreciate what you've got going on here.

I came to this site via a friend's recommendation in the first place. I mostly intend on using the collection tool as it seems far superior to many others that I've seen. I do intend on being at least semi-active on the forums when I have time.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length