RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:16:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407579 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #765 on: December 25, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

Welcome aboard HypnosProjectHQ! I'm sure you'll find we have a great collection tracking tool, and plenty of folks that enjoy older RPGs.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #766 on: December 26, 2012, 12:54:20 AM »

Welcome to the site, sounds like you'll fit in nicely here!
Paully3433
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #767 on: December 27, 2012, 09:06:17 AM »

Welcome HypnosProjectHQ, gotta love the Wisconsin pride coming out. My sister lives in Madison and I am about hour and 45 min to the west. Get me the names of some good stores down there!

Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #768 on: December 27, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »

Didn't realize so many people lived in Wisconsin like me...Hmm...I'm hitting a bunch of thrift stores in Madison today. Should be fun and maybe i'll score something good!
RetroByte
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #769 on: January 01, 2013, 04:05:58 AM »

I'm new here and would like to introduce myself.  I've been collecting for about a year now.  First started trying to buy anything and everything for each system, but that soon became overwhelming.  Over time i created a list for each system I want to collect for.  In this list are the games that I consider to be the definitive games on that particular system.   I'm nowhere near completing it, but I thought i'd like to share what I do own.

There are a few games i own for a couple systems that i don't particularly care for, and that I received from lots.  But the majority of games I own are games I consider to be good.  Quality over quantity.

My collection can be found here

http://retrobytes.elementfx.com/deliciouslibrary
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #770 on: January 01, 2013, 10:48:38 AM »

Welcome RetroByte! I think many of us started off collecting anything and everything, but we eventually learned what we want to specialize in. Myself, I want to go for complete licensed NES set and would like to collect RPGs for other systems. I'd say quality over quantity is important to collecting.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #771 on: January 01, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »

I think many of us started off collecting anything and everything, but we eventually learned what we want to specialize in.

I went the opposite tack, myself. I started collecting just for the systems I owned at the time. But as the great garage sale finds piled up, I decided to pick up just about anything for just about any system.

Fortunately, I've become more picky as to what acquire for my collection... for which my bank account is thankful.

BTW Happy New Year to all, including all the new guys. I hope to emotionally cripple you have some good conversations with you on the forums.

'Late
RetroByte
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #772 on: January 01, 2013, 04:34:15 PM »

thanks for the warm welcome.  Collecting is a lot more fun when you are part of some type of community
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #773 on: January 01, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »

agreed!
Kabonk
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #774 on: January 04, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »

Hello all, I have been registered here for a long time. I originally found this site quite a while back and even have a copy of the Video Game Bible collecting guide but have never posted here.

I have had video games since the atari 2600 but always traded in to get new systems. I stopped in the late 80's when I was at college and started again with the SNES. I still traded in until the Saturn and at that time started collecting. I lived in SE MI at the time and there were a lot of thrift stores in the area to hit. 7 years ago my family and I moved to central IL. Smaller towns mean less thrifts, but I still hunt every week.

What brought me back to the site in earnest was finding the android collection app. It is wonderful and I need to get my collection inventoried. Coming back to the site to test the collection database led me to the collectorcast, which I thoroughly enjoy.

My basement is a giant mess. I need to get my collection inventoried and my extras sold/traded off so I have the space to enjoy my collection. This is my goal every year. This year I plan to document my journey to organizing my system in a blog here to keep me motivated and working towards the goal.

Thanks for the great site!

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #775 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »

Welcome! Where in central IL do you live? I lived there for a few years and know a few good spots.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #776 on: January 04, 2013, 07:44:01 PM »

Welcome aboard Kabonk! It sounds like you have a fun little project ahead of you, and you'll find this a great place to trade and talk about your collection.

SuperGamecube64
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #777 on: January 05, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »

What's up? My screen name may be shortened to SGC64, or SG64 or whatever you wish. If you can't tell for some reason, my screen name is a mash up of Super Nintendo, Nintendo Gamecube, and Nintendo 64 which are 3 of my favorite systems. While I do love Nintendo, I wouldn't call myself a fanboy. I write videogame reviews and also run a video game blog at www.facebook.com/SGC64 (I post my thoughts there and it is NOT family friendly. If you're offended by anything on my page you have no one to blame but yourself).

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #778 on: January 06, 2013, 03:56:08 AM »

Heh welcome.  This is generally a family-friendlyish message board, but no one is going to stop you from expressing yourself.

Except Zagnorch.  He's a dirty 49ers fan.

moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #779 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »

Hello everyone. My name is Steve and I currently live in San Antonio, TX.  I'm a combat instructor in the military and I'm pretty sure it's the best job I've had/ever will.

I was big into collecting in the late 90s and early 2000s but got sidetracked with being single and in my 20s.  Time has passed, I have a great wife and wonderful baby girl, so I figure its time to get back into collecting.  Enough with the cheese...

My main gaming love is 90s era systems and games, but I'm really into everything including current gen.  My current goals include collecting the Lynx library and every US Castlevania release.

I got turned on to RF Gen by a buddy who recommended the collectorcast podcast (which I love; make it weekly!) but I also like the collecting tools and I've heard great things about the RF Gen community.  Glad to be here!

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length