RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:56:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407364 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #810 on: February 12, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »

welcome am4zinggam3r, sounds like you'll fit in nicely here!
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #811 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:02 PM »

Thanks, techwizard!

I am the King of San Andreas
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #812 on: February 14, 2013, 06:37:35 AM »

Good lord, I've been on this site for...about a year and a half now, and I don't think I ever logged anything here...I'm so ashamed. I began looking for a new website to host my collection when IGN's collection tool turned to garbage. Did some random sleuthing and uncovered this gem. I finally started becoming more active within the last 6-8 months or so and I absolutely love it here.

NOW the actualy introducing. Name's Shane and I live in New Jersey (right by that dastardly "Shore" which is, btw, 100% inaccurate) I'm 27 and have been playing video games my whole life. It started with an Atari 7800 way back when but the first system I had that was truly my own was the SNES. It slowly snowballed to a Dreamcast, then a GameCube and it really took a turn for the worse, as my wife puts it,  when I bought the Wii, my first system I bought all on my own since the rest were all gifts. Favorite game has been Final Fantasy III (VI) on the SNES. However my first Final Fantasy was II and I've played it enough that I can probably beat the whole game in one 7-8 hour sitting without skipping ANYTHING.

That's all for now. Some of you have already dealt with me and I look forward to continuing to do so.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #813 on: February 14, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »

I agree. I've already seen some thought-provoking posts.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #814 on: February 14, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »

Welcome to you Shane and Jacob
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:56:59 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #815 on: February 14, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »

I've been quite active on here lately and it appears I never introduced myself so I find it necessary that I do so properly. My name is Adam, I am an 18 year old from the state of Michigan, and well... I have been collecting off and on for the past 2 years, and video games are just something I enjoy. First Game system I ever played I would have to say is the Atari 2600 that my family had. Eventually we got a SNES and then in about 1997 or '98 we got a n64. (All those three consoles are the same ones I grew up with and never got rid of them. so I am sentimentally attached to them :3)

Other stuff about me is , well I talk alot ... but I'm not really outgoing I guess you can say socially awkward, I do alot of ramblings that mean nothing, but sometimes I have so deep thoughts ...

More Other stuff... I am going to college for animation and game design, which is one of my dreams is to design a popular game, but when I'm not in classes I do comic strips for the local paper and work as a guy in a costume that waves at people at a Magic/Costume Shop (I also am the cashier there) Anyways back to game related stuff... I have a Certain order I am collecting .. i don't know why it's like a system... I Collect Mainstream First (unless I see a Rarity that I'm likely not to find again) and then Accessories and then I look for Games. Probably my favorite thing I own is a Ms. Pac Man Cocktail Table Coin-Op... But it's at my aunts house because I have no room in my game area right now for it.

Anyways I think that's enough info about me :3
     Thank you all for making me feel welcome

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #816 on: February 14, 2013, 09:36:15 PM »

I agree. I've already seen some thought-provoking posts.

Thanks, monkees!

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #817 on: February 14, 2013, 09:36:37 PM »

Welcome to you Shane and Jacob

Thanks, Fokakis

DarkKobold
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #818 on: February 15, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »

Hi, I'm DarkKobold.

I'm more active on reddit's r/gamecollecting community. I used to be head judge over at TASVideos.org, which also explains how I got into collecting. About 3 years ago, someone developed a circuit to input tool-assisted speedruns directly into a Nintendo System.

http://www.instructables....bot-beating-Super-Mario-/

We call that "console-verified." Many TASes have been demonstrated to be playable on a real NES.

http://tasvideos.org/Movies-Verified.html

Anyway, I decided to build the circuit and verify TASes. This requires a rather extensive NES library. So, I set out to gather NES games to verify. However, acquiring games sparked something inside me, and  turned  a peripheral interest into my core extracurricular activity. I eventually resigned as head judge, because I simply didn't have the time to collect video games and help admin at TASVideos. 

Back then, I made quite a few TASes on turbografx, but had never owned the system. Now, I'm happy to say I am very close to having a complete HuCard and SuperCD collection.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #819 on: February 15, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »

Welcome aboard new members. Enjoy the tools and the forums!

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #820 on: February 16, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »

Welcome everyone who has recently joined our community. Look forward to seeing your collections grow and your posting on the forums.

CARBAG
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #821 on: March 01, 2013, 03:16:44 PM »

Hey guys,
I'm fairly new to collecting, though I always gamed, I didn't get really into it until last summer. I'm a pretty casual collector to be honest, I'm new to this and am not working on any console in particular, I'm currently just getting the best titles for my favorites consoles.

I love the snes, the n64, the gamecube and the wii. I collect diverse games, but have a soft spot for kirby and pokemon franchises.

I barely get anything for the NES because I suck at it lol, the only game I've been able to get through is kirby's adventure.

Looking forward talking to you guys
Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #822 on: March 03, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »

Hey guys,
I'm fairly new to collecting, though I always gamed, I didn't get really into it until last summer. I'm a pretty casual collector to be honest, I'm new to this and am not working on any console in particular, I'm currently just getting the best titles for my favorites consoles.

I love the snes, the n64, the gamecube and the wii. I collect diverse games, but have a soft spot for kirby and pokemon franchises.

I barely get anything for the NES because I suck at it lol, the only game I've been able to get through is kirby's adventure.

Looking forward talking to you guys

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here.

I as well have a soft spot for Kirby and Pokemon. =3

but anyways, welcome and enjoy the site.

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
CARBAG
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #823 on: March 05, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »

Thanks!

Just wanted to add, English is my second language, sometimes what I'm saying doesn't make any sense or read super awkwardly lol

It's probably more noticeable on the irc chan in fact, sorry about that
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #824 on: March 05, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »

Hi, CARBAG!!

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length