RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:34:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 413087 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1020 on: July 18, 2014, 04:40:39 PM »

I...I can't keep up with with the Updated Entries feed. Even during our submission contests, that's never happened... I usually open changes in a new tab just to clean up entries when I can, and the feed is being updated quicker than I can even verify a page.  speechless

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1021 on: July 18, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »

Welcome to the site BloodyEyes13. Enjoy your stay here and please be sure to contact us if you have any questions. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Liodarm
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1022 on: July 18, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »

Hi guys! Just registered today! Yay \o/

My name es Lionel, i'm from Argentina and I was looking for a good way to track my game collection. I just saw a review (The metal jesus one) and i ended up here.

I'm not a big collector, but i'm trying to get all the retro stuff i always want.

Hope to make some friends and enjoy this awesome little hobby.

PD: Sorry for the crappy english, not my native language :'D.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1023 on: July 18, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »

Welcome! I love the Batman: The Animated Series avatar there!

Curious - in Argentina, do you tend to get a lot of US imports for retro titles, or do you have more of the Brazil-published bootlegs and licensed games?

Liodarm
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1024 on: July 18, 2014, 06:11:35 PM »

The avatar is from the Justice League Unlimited xD

Our "market" it's mainly US imports. You can get an ocasionally Japanese import, but it's mainly US. We a have a TON of bootlegs (games and consoles), pirate carts and that kind of stuff. It's almost impossible to get a CD/DVD based system without a chip or some kind of piracy mod. Collecting or buying games it's expensive, right now a new game cost around 80-100 dollars. And the retro stuff it's not easy to find, there is almost no market.

But well, c'est la vie
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1025 on: July 18, 2014, 06:13:09 PM »

Your english is probably better than mine and i bet your spanish is much better. lol

Welcome to the site!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1026 on: July 18, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »

Welcome to the site Liodarm. Enjoy your stay!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1027 on: July 18, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »

The avatar is from the Justice League Unlimited xD

Our "market" it's mainly US imports. You can get an ocasionally Japanese import, but it's mainly US. We a have a TON of bootlegs (games and consoles), pirate carts and that kind of stuff. It's almost impossible to get a CD/DVD based system without a chip or some kind of piracy mod. Collecting or buying games it's expensive, right now a new game cost around 80-100 dollars. And the retro stuff it's not easy to find, there is almost no market.

But well, c'est la vie

You're right, it IS from Unlimited. I've been bouncing between Batman cartoons lately, since my wife loves watching anything Batman. Hah...thanks!
That's what I figured - mostly US imports. I know cost down there is horrendous, since you have to pay the import/custom taxes. Brazil's not much better when it comes to that, as you have to pay Brazil's taxes AND the cost of production being done in Brazil. Hopefully, some of the major publishers will find better ways to distribute cheaper games to South America.

Thanks for the information!

Liodarm
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1028 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »

Right now the cheaper way it's buying digital. It's the only way to "evade" the tax and shipping cost. There is some official releases, but the prices are just equal or more expensive. It's kinda silly, for example, if i a buy a PS3 Digital game in my Country PSN, it's way more expensive than using an USA account.
The best way to get the actual phsycal copy it's to have patience and look for deals... but not always i have the patience xD.

By the way, thx for the greetings  beer
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1029 on: July 18, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »

As others have said, welcome Liodarm. It's always nice to see new members, and here about experiences in other markets. Enjoy your stay.

jenbooks
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1030 on: July 18, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »

Hello!  I'm Jen and I too am here from the Kotaku article on game backlogs.  Smiley  I've been looking for an online community / game catalog for a while now.  I used to use IGN, but it went all weird, then I tried Playfire.  It was awesome for a while, but then they took away everything I liked about the site.   Undecided  I do have a backloggery (I'm jenbooks there as well) but it's really not up to date.  I keep forgetting about it.

The husband and I have a shared video game collection with around 600+ games.  There's so many I'd like to play but Skyrim still has me in a death grip.

If I'm not playing video games, I'm probably reading - mostly science fiction and fantasy, with some historical fiction and actual history thrown in sometimes as well.  Recently I've discovered comic books - I'm hooked on Afterlife With Archie, Saga, Fatale, and Rat Queens, among others.

I'm basically looking for a comfortable forum to hang around and geek out in - I hope this could be one!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1031 on: July 18, 2014, 09:30:45 PM »

Hi Jen, welcome to RFG. If you're looking for a welcoming, laid back forum, you have come to the right place.

Explore the collection tools, jump in the forums, and enjoy your stay.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1032 on: July 19, 2014, 07:58:40 AM »

Echoing what Duke said. Welcome to you and your husband Jen. Anything you guys primarily collect?

MasterMindJ49
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1033 on: July 19, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »

Hi all. Joined a while ago, but finally managed to put up my NES collection today. Still have to put up my PS1, Genesis and SNES collections.

Currently living in southwestern Illinois, I've been collecting for a few years, desperately trying to get back all the games I loved as a kid. I can distinctly remember games like Quattro Adventure and Color A Dinosaur on the shelves. I had no idea at that time that they would be as hard to find today and valuable to boot.

Anyway, this serves as my first post. Enjoy.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1034 on: July 19, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »

Welcome! There are many great resources to find whatever you are looking for here and most of us will keep an eye out for stuff if you post what you are looking for. Trading on the site seems to be a very awesome experience overall according to many of our members. I haven't separated everything to start trading and selling personally on the site, but it seems most everyone on the site that is willing to buy/sell/trade on the site has documented a pretty good reputation in dealing with one another.

Homies helping Homies     Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length