RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407518 times)
PunchCherry
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #1035 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:20 AM »

Yo wassaaawp

I'm really glad to be able to organize my video game collection and show it off on a website like this~ I really enjoy the vast library of what you guys got here and how members can submit missing games. The community seems really nice as well!

I used to be a complete Nintendo dork in the past but since a few years back, I've been expanding my horizons and trying out other video games from other companies and it's been great. I still like Nintendo but yeah, it's become pretty stale. I crave variety when it comes to video games. The collections I'm currently working on are the Hamtaro and Klonoa series, which are nearly finished at the moment.

I hope to get along with a lot of people here and get into the trading thing when I can! This place is pretty rad.
Dime_fan3
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1036 on: July 21, 2014, 01:04:51 AM »

Hi all, I'm from Sydney, Australia, and I guess you could say MJR sent me here. Smiley I've been playing games most of my life, but decided to get into collecting more in the last year or so.

I don't really have a platform of choice, but I'd say I'm more into Nintendo and Sony than Microsoft, still have a console from each though. Some of my favourite series include Zelda, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy and Fatal Frame.

Hope to get along with everyone and learn some more about game collecting.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1037 on: July 21, 2014, 01:34:04 AM »

Some of my favourite series include Zelda, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy and Fatal Frame.

Hope to get along with everyone and learn some more about game collecting.

Welcome to both of you! I can tell you with certainty that you will get along with everyone here and learn more than you ever wanted to know about gaming and collecting. Especially with favorites like those. Smiley

I have heard amazing stories of trades, although I personally am still too disorganized to start trading.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:37:04 AM by Boshamp » Logged

INVISIGOTH
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1038 on: July 21, 2014, 06:12:01 AM »

Hi.

Umm...  I guess I have been trying to find an online way of cataloging and showcasing my game collection since I first went online with AOL.  Gave up for years after they took away my "public AOL website page thingy" that everyone there had. A few months ago, I tried some other site, but gave up after 5 minutes when I found I couldn't show 3 duplicates of 1 game.  Saw the Metal Jesus video about some other sites and decided to check out this one.

I have been gaming since the Atari era, and my first system was the Sears Video Arcade II. I own a lot of systems (sorry I don't have a good way of counting them right now), and a decent amount of games and accessories.   I don't know if I will ever be able to put all my games on this site because they are so disorganized and everywhere in my house, and some are packed away in boxes I can't get to.

I don't really have 1 favorite system, but I want to think it might be a Nintendo product. Same with games; not sure but probably a Nintendo game or series. Hmmmm Pokemon.... Zelda... Mario Kart... 50 other things....    Just don't imply that I ONLY like Nintendo, because I can spend days, weeks, or months playing something on a Playstation, Xbox, PC or some other platform.

Not sure what else to put here, so I guess I will just go look at the site.
riotfig
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1039 on: July 21, 2014, 07:45:10 AM »

Hey there. Listener to the podcast and long time lurker finally reporting in.

I've been gaming since early 80's from PC to consoles.

When it comes to gaming, I am platform agnostic.

I have so much to learned from my gaming interest and collecting from everyone.

;-)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1040 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:18 AM »

Welcome to all you newcomers!  Smiley

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1041 on: July 21, 2014, 08:24:44 AM »

I've been collecting for a few years, desperately trying to get back all the games I loved as a kid.

I think you just described at least 80% of the collectors here. Especially us older folks. Smiley

The community seems really nice as well!

I used to be a complete Nintendo dork in the past but since a few years back, I've been expanding my horizons and trying out other video games from other companies and it's been great.

I can say for a fact that this is the nicest community of which I have ever been a member. People here are encouraging and genuinely love to see the gaming items you pick up. They are also knowledgeable about items and will often help you track down whatever you are looking for. Check out our Small Scores thread on the forums; it's always fun to see what people get.

I grew up on Atari and was a Nintendo kid. It wasn't until 5 years ago that I got my first Genesis and SMS (I'm 37). It was like having two newly released consoles with a humongous library of "new" games to play.

Hi all, I'm from Sydney, Australia, and I guess you could say MJR sent me here. Smiley I've been playing games most of my life, but decided to get into collecting more in the last year or so.

We have a few members here from Down Under. One of our more prominent Australian members is Raidou. He was kind enough to join us on your last podcast and discuss some Donkey Kong Country. Collecting is a great hobby and you are definitely at the right place!

I have been gaming since the Atari era, and my first system was the Sears Video Arcade II.

Uh, yeah. You and I are going to have lots to talk about. Atari is my wheelhouse. Smiley If you get a chance, check out my personal blog. I've done several in-depth 2600 reviews over the years.

Hey there. Listener to the podcast and long time lurker finally reporting in.

Welcome lurker! Check out the forums and get active. We'd love to hear more from you. Keep listening to those podcasts. Smiley

Welcome to the site new members!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Rtype84
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1042 on: July 21, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »

Hello, my name is Richard and I'm from Florida. I'm one of the folks who saw the MetalJesus video and I'm excited to get my collection up on the site and talk about games. I have been playing my whole life, starting with Atari and my favorite is Nintendo stuff but I enjoy a bit of everything. I'm a mechanic and a musician. I've also been married for a little over two years. I've also recently subscribed to the podcast so looking forward to that as well.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:29:32 AM by Rtype84 » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1043 on: July 21, 2014, 08:30:04 AM »

Hello, my name is Richard and I'm from Florida. I'm one of the folks who saw the MetalJesus video and I'm excited to get my collection up on the sight and talk about games. I have been playing my whole life, starting with Atari and my favorite is Nintendo stuff but I enjoy a bit of everything. I'm a mechanic and a musician. I've also been married for a little over two years.

YES! Someone else I can talk Atari with. You N64 guys better watch out, our numbers are growing. Wink  Welcome aboard. Nice PC cab in your avatar. Is that yours?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1044 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »

Another Floridian, and go figure that you're a mechanic and musician. If you're ever in the Orlando area and wouldn't mind a trip a little further northwest, we have a Flea Market that has a Guitars & Cars event every month. You could pick up video games at the same time from the Flea Market! Wink

Rtype84
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1045 on: July 21, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »

Another Floridian, and go figure that you're a mechanic and musician. If you're ever in the Orlando area and wouldn't mind a trip a little further northwest, we have a Flea Market that has a Guitars & Cars event every month. You could pick up video games at the same time from the Flea Market! Wink
                                                                                                                                            Are you talking about renninger's? I used to go there but lately money has been tight. Also, it seems that since a couple of years ago, most everything seems retail prices.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1046 on: July 21, 2014, 09:25:44 AM »

Indeed - Renninger's. I live 2 minutes down the road from there.

While certain vendors tend to jack up the prices, you can find newer vendors with lower prices, and many of them are willing to negotiate lower prices, especially if you buy in bulk or you come often. I negotiated $70 down to $40 the other day since it was a slow weekend for the vendor, so you never know. Also found an SNES Mini that someone sold me with a dogbone controller for $20, and I gave them $50 because they were willing to hold onto it for me and even dug out the controller and wires for me without being asked when they said they thought it was system only. It also helped that it was a friend's money, and he didn't know how much I paid for it. Wink
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:27:21 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Rtype84
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1047 on: July 21, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »

Hello, my name is Richard and I'm from Florida. I'm one of the folks who saw the MetalJesus video and I'm excited to get my collection up on the sight and talk about games. I have been playing my whole life, starting with Atari and my favorite is Nintendo stuff but I enjoy a bit of everything. I'm a mechanic and a musician. I've also been married for a little over two years.

YES! Someone else I can talk Atari with. You N64 guys better watch out, our numbers are growing. Wink  Welcome aboard. Nice PC cab in your avatar. Is that yours?
                                                                                                                           Yeah, that's my playchoice cab. The crown jewel of my collection for sure. I would like to get into more atari stuff. All I have is the 2600 from when I was a kid and maybe 60 games. I love it though.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1048 on: July 21, 2014, 09:30:36 AM »

Rtype - I've got 4 banker boxes full of duplicate Atari 2600 titles if you're interested, and I'm sure that singlebanana has a bit more. I'm sure we wouldn't mind spreading the love. Wink

Rtype84
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1049 on: July 21, 2014, 09:31:20 AM »

Indeed - Renninger's. I live 2 minutes down the road from there.

While certain vendors tend to jack up the prices, you can find newer vendors with lower prices, and many of them are willing to negotiate lower prices, especially if you buy in bulk or you come often. I negotiated $70 down to $40 the other day since it was a slow weekend for the vendor, so you never know. Also found an SNES Mini that someone sold me with a dogbone controller for $20, and I gave them $50 because they were willing to hold onto it for me and even dug out the controller and wires for me without being asked when they said they thought it was system only. It also helped that it was a friend's money, and he didn't know how much I paid for it. Wink
Haha that's awesome. I would like to check it out again someday. I'm not too far.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length