RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:31:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407729 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1140 on: October 09, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »

Welcome all newbies!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GtVSlayer
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1141 on: October 10, 2014, 03:42:37 PM »

Hi, my name is Garry. All my social accounts are "GtVSlayer". I live in WPB, FL.

I write news and review articles for a few different websites, mainly www.theclassicgamer.com. I do a lot of video and photo editing as well.

I have NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, GameCube, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, XBox One, and that's all I can think up for now.

Right now I'm enjoying Velocity 2X by FuturLabs and Shadow of Mordor, both on PS4.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1142 on: October 10, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »

Welcome to the site Garry. Enjoy your stay, post on the forums, and let us know if you have any questions. Smiley

Also, how did you find our site?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
CompleteSNES
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1143 on: October 24, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Brandon from Michigan. I just stumbled upon this place for the first time and I have no idea how I've never known about it before! I've been on NintendoAge for like 5 years and have been collecting since 2006. I'm currently collecting for SNES and I look forward to getting to know you guys!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1144 on: October 24, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »

Welcome to the site Brandon. We are glad you found us and happy to have you. Be sure to use the forums and have fun. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1145 on: October 24, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »

Welcome!

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1146 on: November 05, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »

Totally missed the boat on this thread, and I've been posting for a couple days now.  I'm a late 30's gamer of modern systems and gaming relics of yore.  I collect semi-serious/semi-casually, meaning I'm not a hardcore "must be complete in box!" kind of guy, although I've been trying to move more in that direction for any hard box games (i.e. SMS/Genesis and later in plastic cases).  I resigned myself years ago to the fact that obtaining complete games for cardboard boxed games would likely be a stroke of luck, OR a large burden on my wallet Smiley

I own most of the common systems from the 2600 through the 5th gen, as well as a Wii and PS3 from gen 6, and my Wii U in the current gen, which I love.  I collect mostly as I find stuff in the wild, though I do occasionally go out of my way to find something online, but my budget doesn't really allow for me to do much beyond that, so rather than big scores and grand gesture types of things, stuff trickles in.  I'll find a game or two at Goodwill, or snag a couple PS2 games I find at garage sales, etc.  I think the systems I have the most games for are my beloved Genesis, the original PlayStation (big fan of that system during its original life cycle), and the PS2, which has become a treat to collect for now as people start selling off their collections for peanuts.  I've also built a nice library of PSP games, a fair number of NES carts, and a small, but growing library of Saturn games (including a few Japanese imports).  The systems I'd like to collect for the most are the Saturn, the TurboGrafx-16, and the Dreamcast, though I'm aware that those are all expensive prospects, so I know any collecting I do on those fronts will be slow and expensive.  But I keep grabbing deals I can find, and hope to eventually have a respectable library of games I can look fondly at and know that I've invested both money AND time into the games.

My favorite genres are shmups (though I'm generally not very good at them), platformers, 3rd person action games, ala Syphon Filter, God of War, inFAMOUS, etc. as well as action games in general.  I'm not much of an FPS guy, though I appreciate them for what they are, and have fond memories of early titles like Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke 3D and ROTT.  I've also begun to dig RPG's, having finally finished FF7 this year, as well as owning and loving both Lunar titles.  Realistically, I'll play anything that offers fun, so I'm willing to try most any game once.  I'm not much of a sports fan, outside of college football (Go Huskers!), so other than early 8/16-bit sports games that were fun for me as a kid, I'm not much into them, but I understand the appeal.  I'm also not a big trader, though if I can score some interesting stuff, I might be interested in doing trades now and again to help me fill holes in my collection.  Anyway, enough about me, just glad to be among a few like-minded folks Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1147 on: November 05, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »

Welcome to the site and enjoy your stay. I've enjoyed chatting over PMs the past few days. Us "old souls" have to stick together on here.  Grin

Rocu
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #1148 on: November 23, 2014, 07:28:14 PM »

Hey guys!

I discovered the site through Metal Jesus Rocks. I was using Backloggery to keep track of my games but this site is a lot better for that purpose. Plus the android app was a huge seller. I only started taking collecting seriously this year, I had about 200ish and have managed to build myself up to a bit over 700 games. I'm pretty pumped! I work for an EA studio as an artist right now. Combining my passion for gaming with collection and work has been a real blast!

I have no idea what my fav genre is anymore.. it used to be rpgs and only rpgs. Now it's rpgs, action/adventure, schmups, survival horrors and a touch of some others. Can't really stand sports games though (sorry people who love Fifa). Anyways.. don't want to go long winded here.. hope to get to know people!

Check out our gaming podcast -> http://www.bonusbarrel.com
And my art - http://rocuart.tumblr.com
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1149 on: November 23, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »

Hi Rocu, and welome to RFG! You'll find a lot of passionate collectors and gamers here, and be sure to jump into the forums.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1150 on: November 23, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »

Welcome Rocu,

Sounds like you have been building quite a good sized collection lately. We've had several folks come here from the Metal Jesus Rocks video. Glad you came aboard.

I like to have more variety as of late. Theirs nothing wrong to discover a new style of gameplay.  I'm pretty bad at RPG's, but still like to dabble myself in them.  After all as they say variety is the spice of life. 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1151 on: November 23, 2014, 08:33:52 PM »

Welcome to the site Rocu. I think the more diverse titles I play, the more I also don't really have a favorite genre. It's nice to be able to appreciate a variety of genres across a variety of systems. Jump on the forums, there are a lot of good people here.

JeremiahJT
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1152 on: December 09, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »

Kind of new member here.  I have been using the collection tools for a little while, but nothing else.  I am currently going through my Genesis collection and I had 3 controllers that were not listed so I submitted them and got them added.  I figured now that I have moved beyond just tracking my collection I should probably contribute to the forums.  I am JeremiahJT everywhere else I am a member.

I did have a question and I didn't know which forum to post it in so I figured I might as well do it in my hello post.  I have an Archer Cleaner System made for all Sega systems plus the Turbo Grafx-16 and Atari systems and I did not know where it should be added.  Anybody have any idea how I should try to submit it?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1153 on: December 09, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »

Multiple Consoles?

JeremiahJT
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1154 on: December 09, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »

On the front it says Sega systems then on the back it says for Genesis, Master System, and Game Gear.  In the instructions it also has a page for Turbo Grafx-16 and Atari systems.  It does not mention any specific Atari system, but it does have a picture of a 2600 Junior.

It is made by Archer, which I believe was only sold at Radio Shack.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length