RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:20:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407458 times)
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #1185 on: January 11, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »

Tell me about it!  I was pretty amazed about how much my NES games sold for.   Definitely much more than I paid only a couple years earlier.  Looking forward to putting some of that money into some of my other collections.

PS1 is my favourite system too! Only thing I hate is that the PAL jewel cases are so damn easy to crack.

the U.S. ones are likely the same. It's even worse if you crack a longbox because you can't just swap them out with a music CD case. They do have the box protectors but I never got around to buying any.

the PS1 was one of the last systems that had a lot of "pick up and play" style games. the less menus and memory card warnings I have to see, the better.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1186 on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:53 PM »

PAL and NTSC-J is much, much worse than NTSC-U cases. NTSC-U eventually went with normal CD-ROM jewel cases, while PAL and NTSC-J went with proprietary cases that had the same problem as the Saturn cases, with broken hinges and no support behind the front panel. They also look TERRIBLE on a shelf and take up a ton of space.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1187 on: January 11, 2015, 08:49:28 PM »

They also look TERRIBLE on a shelf
That's just an opinion though. I think they look fine on a shelf.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1188 on: January 11, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »

They also look TERRIBLE on a shelf
That's just an opinion though. I think they look fine on a shelf.
from what i've seen i don't mind the look of them either, but it does really suck that they're so wide, you can fit so many more standard jewel cases on one shelf than those cases.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1189 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:17 PM »

Welcome aboard, Peaky!

Peaky
Tiger Gizmondo

Australia

Stats
« Reply #1190 on: January 12, 2015, 02:46:26 AM »

Thanks!  Good to be here.  Been meaning to catalog my collection for ages now, did a bit of research and this wonderful site seemed to be the best by far Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1191 on: January 14, 2015, 09:08:49 PM »

Hey Peaky! Welcome to RF Gen! Hope you enjoy cataloguing your collection and be sure to get involved in the community by posting pictures of recent pick ups and joining a Community Playthrough.

Have fun while you're here!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Dennis Fleaman
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #1192 on: February 08, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »

Welcome peaky ! I found the site back also.
troy78
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1193 on: March 28, 2015, 11:27:30 PM »

My name is Troy, I'm from the Chicagoland area.  I've been collecting on and off since about 1998.  I have around 1,200 games overall (no PC).  I mostly collect games for Nintendo systems (other than Virtual Boy), although I have a pretty decent collection of Sega and Sony stuff too.  My smallest collection is definitely my Turbografx (only 12 games), I regret not starting that one sooner.  I am not going for any complete sets, I just pick up games that I want to play.  I came across this site after stumbling upon Collectorcast.  If I had to pick a favorite system, I'd probably choose the SNES.  My favorite game series is The Legend of Zelda.  However, having two young kids and going through a graduate program, has left me behind in the series a bit.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1194 on: March 29, 2015, 03:59:59 AM »

Nice to have you, Troy78. I was in a similar predicament last year. I think, being in a grad program and this hobby don't mix too well. My collecting was on the decline but as soon as I was out, it has skyrocketed.

Welcome, enjoy the sight, we got a great community here.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1195 on: March 29, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »

Glad to see you posting Troy! I'm close to Indianapolis, so not too far away. It sounds like you've got a nice collection going there, and be sure to share your pickups in the forums!

Taking classes, holding down a job (or two), and having kids... sounds familiar. Games need some space, so who needs sleep anyway?

man99helm99
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1196 on: April 15, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »

Hi I'm Mitch and I collect everything but my favorite is Sony PS one
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1197 on: April 16, 2015, 05:55:55 AM »

Welcome to RF Gen, Mitch!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1198 on: April 16, 2015, 08:46:23 AM »

Welcome to new members - I'm behind the 8-ball a little here Tongue

theirontoupee
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #1199 on: April 17, 2015, 11:46:24 PM »

Hi, I'm Mike. I heard about the site after doing a deal with Tynstar locally and I figured I'd see what it was all about. I spend most of my time over on NintendoAge since I love Nintendo, but I'm also a huge original Xbox fan which is why I bought an Xbox kiosk from Tynstar which now looks awesome in my new place! I live in Buckeye, AZ and have been collecting hardcore since 2011, but gaming since I was 2 when I played Pitfall on Atari 2600. Thanks for having me!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length