RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:12:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407667 times)
prototector
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1245 on: January 06, 2016, 06:01:16 PM »

Try the Nolan brothers. They're always having prototypes go in and out of their hands, and they're mostly EEPROMs from what I remember. Even though it doesn't appear that they have any, they may know where you can find one. You can hit up the Protoculture boards on NintendoAge as well.

FatherJack might know more for C64 and legacy PC stuff, and TheBoss here has his ears to the ground for just about anything Amiga these days. Those two may have some communities you can check, but my suggestion of AssemblerGames seems like you already know.

Ah, I see; yeah, way ahead of you Tongue I'm a member at both those places, with the Nolans being active on NA. I actually asked them, too; no luck. I've tried all the big proto guys.

I love the home computer stuff from the 80's/90's. Arcade conversions to these are always interesting, and cancelled/unreleased titles for them are also somewhat my interest. With respect to the Contra series, there's the unreleased Amiga conversion; perhaps someone has a build of it on some archived disks somewhere in the world Smiley Another is confirming whether Ocean worked on their own conversion of it for the same computer, under the Gryzor label (or even if it was just supposed to be a regional release of Contra, a la DOS version). Finally, there's Super C for C64; the recent recovery of Daffy Duck adds some hope here. Could give FatherJack and TheBoss a ring about any of these.

(minor side note: it's actually EPROMs for protos; if someone comes to you with an alleged proto and it's got EEPROMs, which appeared a few times in the past, you're likely about to get swindled Wink )
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:03:57 PM by prototector » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1246 on: January 06, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »

Yeah, sorry, I meant EPROM. It's been a long time since I've talked about protos, and just about as long since I've actually been involved in other communities. I started my collecting life at DigitPress, and moved to RFGen full-time shortly before DigitPress crashed. I've never been big at NintendoAge, SegaAge, Sega-16, AssemblerGames or rackeyboy, but we have many members from those sites that stop by all the time.

Good luck on the proto hunt.

prototector
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1247 on: January 06, 2016, 06:23:28 PM »

Thanks Smiley Hope to bring out more interesting dev gems.
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1248 on: January 07, 2016, 03:18:30 PM »

Hello, I'm Pam. I know some people from here on Twitter, and your playthroughs seem like a lot of fun, so I thought I'd join.

Systems I'm particularly partial to are the NES, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, XBox 360, and XBox One. I'm more of a fan of playing games than collecting them (though I do own a fair number), and I make video reviews of retro games and the occasional modern game or vlog.

[Edit] Here's my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Cannotbetamed1

My favourite game ever is Planescape Torment.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:53:21 PM by Pam » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1249 on: January 07, 2016, 03:25:34 PM »

Hello, I'm Pam. I know some people from here on Twitter, and your playthroughs seem like a lot of fun, so I thought I'd join.

Systems I'm particularly partial to are the NES, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, XBox 360, and XBox One. I'm more of a fan of playing games than collecting them (though I do own a fair number), and I make video reviews of retro games and the occasional modern game or vlog.

Yah Pam!  Welcome to the site. Don't be shy, tell them about your awesome YouTube channel. Cheesy

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1250 on: January 07, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »

Pam AND Will are here? The Canadians are taking this place over...

everydayisaverage
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1251 on: January 17, 2016, 01:04:04 PM »

Hi, my name is Julian. I live in Arvada, CO. Don't really have a favorite system but I'll say the Dreamcast for now. My collection, at the moment, is mainly getting games I remember from my childhood and the ones I missed out on, due to being a kid with no money. Usually try to find the best price, since we are penny pinchers, I like to actually play the game not collect for shelf fodder. Started my gaming on a MacIntosh with Battlezone which was also on the 2600, who knew. Been playing mostly on the PS3 but play classics from time to time. Hope to grow with the community. Grin
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1252 on: January 17, 2016, 01:16:49 PM »

Welcome to the club!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1253 on: January 17, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »

Welcome to the site. We hope you'll enjoy being a part of it.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
lwizardl
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1254 on: January 20, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »

Hey guys was registered before, but seemed to have been removed due to inactivity. Time to do an Introduction on here.

Name: James

Hobbies: Video games, collecting games (so far 1473 games, 72 systems) and arcades (Altered Beast in Taito Jungle Hunt cabinet, Golden Axe PCB, TMNT 4player PCB+Manual), TMNT Turtles In Time PCB+Marquee), empty pinball cabinet, tokusatsu fan (yes that includes power rangers), fan of anime, and a major geek.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1255 on: January 20, 2016, 09:43:29 PM »

Welcome to RF Generation, lwizardl!
lwizardl
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1256 on: January 20, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »

thanks mumboking!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1257 on: January 20, 2016, 11:25:01 PM »

Super Sentai is awesome.

Jmmcwho
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #1258 on: January 24, 2016, 10:29:19 AM »

Hey guys. I'm James from Glen Saint Mary, Florida.
I work full time at Walmart and collect the games I use to play when I was growing up.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1259 on: January 24, 2016, 10:42:27 AM »

Oh, you're about 2h north of me up I-75. I'm guessing you go to Jacksonville if you're shopping around?

Welcome to the site!

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length