RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:18:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421784 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »

just tried to play goldeneye with one and two controllers. i just couldnt get used to the controls at all!

And to think those controls were at one point seen as the staple for console FPS games. They feel very weird now, going back. But some people still wish FPS games had Goldeneye controls instead of what today's analog sticks do.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

Videogames have taught me that during World War 2 each battle was essentially won by a single man and that no troops would advance regardless of their rank without him first moving forward and clearing a path.

I have also learned that this man was the ultimate super soldier and glowed like neon because he drew the fire/attention of all enemy troops regardless of any allies that may be closer to those enemies.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »

While playing 999 I've run into a good number of awesome references including the memorable and timeless, "Well excuuuuuuuse me Princess," line that I'm sure we all have some memories about. Cheesy

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2012, 07:51:05 PM »

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. For some reason I can't stop laughing, it just looks so over-the-top. I understand cars have G-forces when they accelerate rapidly, but this guy looks like he's aiming for the stars half the time. Grin

FireStar
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »

Why would you even need that thing to tilt up and down for driving games?!! Are all the hills at 90 degree angles?!
Entertaining to watch though, I can imagine flight simulators or space combat games in that.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »

Why would you even need that thing to tilt up and down for driving games?!! Are all the hills at 90 degree angles?!
Entertaining to watch though, I can imagine flight simulators or space combat games in that.

I think they try to simulate the feeling of being pushed into your seat when accelerating by having the whole contraption tilt. It might feel more realistic when you're in it and actually focussing on the game rather than looking at it. I have to say it still cracks me up how the whole thing wobbles around when he shifts gears.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #321 on: June 19, 2012, 12:52:29 PM »

That is pretty funny.  I would love to see a more practical solution to replicating g-forces, though I'm not sure how it would be done.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #322 on: June 19, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »

That is awesome!

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #323 on: June 19, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »

The two Worlds of Ultima games have been released on GOG.

They are both FREE!

http://www.gog.com/gameca..._ultima_the_savage_empire

http://www.gog.com/gameca...dventure_2_martian_dreams

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #324 on: July 15, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

Cleaned up the gameroom today.  Took some lesser played games to the garage and organized the good stuff.  Swept the floors and dusted.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »

Added a Halo Warthog that I found at a thrift to the gameroom today.  It is a minature Warthog that cost .29

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »

https://club.nintendo.com...ewards-details/a/29508.do

Club Nintendo has a gold Wii Nunchuk for 900 coins.  I'm kinda disappointed that the cable itself isn't gold as well, but I'm glad to finally get an actual controller from Club Nintendo.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »

i was just looking at that myself, i think i'm at 790 coins so it looks like i'll be buying some more wii or 3ds games this paycheck Wink
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »

Spent about a hour pulling doubles off the shelves in the garage.  Found about a dozen doubles that I added to my trade pile.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length