RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:10:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421777 times)
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #1515 on: March 15, 2017, 07:58:51 AM »

Random site/gaming thought - it's a shame there isn't a more robust Games Beaten thread. One post per user doesn't lead to any discussion on the games beaten. I'd love to read about GrayGhost's thoughts on the games he's completed (for example - given the heavy retro slant).

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1516 on: March 15, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »

Capcom Disney NES games coming next month:

<iframe width="600" height="338" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q4sSjd9UYpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's right! We've collected six classic Disney games and put them in one awesome bundle. Here’s the 4-1-1 on what you’ll get:

GAMES! These are the obvious stars of the show here; you'll get to play the following gems on PS4, XOne and PC with the crispest 8-bit graphics in town:

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Bring in a friend for classic co-op Capcom platforming action as one of you plays as Chip, and the other as Dale.

Darkwing Duck – Jump in the shoes of superhero Darkwing Duck and fight crime with lots of charm and wits.

DuckTales and DuckTales 2 – Embark on classic treasure seeking adventures through exotic stages as the pogo master millionaire Scrooge McDuck.

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as rad pilot Baloo in a unique take on the shoot 'em up genre, where you get to change the direction of your plane at any time.

http://www.capcom-unity.c...etro-classics-on-april-18

But wait, there’s more! On top of these retro classic games and the new game modes, we also dug really deep and found tons of awesome material from when the original games were still being made back in the 80s and 90s! We’ve got concept art, sketches, music, and other fun extras.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:06:37 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #1517 on: March 15, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »

Same group that built the engine for Mega Man Legacy Collection, which was the heavy lifting to be able to port other games using the same engine. Very exciting.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1518 on: March 23, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »

Any old timers need a new shirt?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1519 on: March 26, 2017, 05:13:47 PM »

Now...we are steppin' in the right direction!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1520 on: April 21, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »

This is great news for those who are looking in to the OSSC:

OSSC 1.6 is coming!
We can finally confirm the rumours. OSSC V1.6 is a reality and features some exciting new changes. All boards shipped in the next batch will be the new 1.6 revision that includes...

Audio output as standard - No expansion board will be required for digital audio output. This should save time and cost for those of you who want audio output, without significantly increasing costs for those who don't need it.

Additional analogue audio inputs - The existing 3.5mm audio connector will be usable as AV1 audio pass through (the same as current OSSCs) or as an AV2 audio input. This will be selectable via a miniature switch.

Additional 3.5mm audio input added - For use with AV3. Great for your Dreamcast!

The first V1.6 prototypes are currently being assembled and we expect to have them early next month. Of course, we'll send out another newsletter when they arrive.

I've also heard of a new RGB + Mega Amp for the Genesis 2 is in development. This would be great to clear up the sound and video quality on a Genesis 2.

Badassconsoles is working on an adapter for the Gamecube that has a digital port. If this works it would be an external dongle to get digital/hdmi video out of any gamecube with a digital port!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:53:06 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1521 on: April 21, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »

Anyone else notice how Stuntracer 64 shot up in price since the beginning of the year? I remember buying my copy for only $35
Yes and I'm LIVID. I was done with all 100$+ N64 games and then that dumb thing shot up.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1522 on: April 25, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »

Anyone else notice how Stuntracer 64 shot up in price since the beginning of the year? I remember buying my copy for only $35
Yes and I'm LIVID. I was done with all 100$+ N64 games and then that dumb thing shot up.

wow that's nuts, and the CIB ones are even worse, i see 2 that sold for over $1000 canadian. last i looked i had it priced out at less than $700 at the very most.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1523 on: April 26, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »

wow that's nuts, and the CIB ones are even worse, i see 2 that sold for over $1000 canadian. last i looked i had it priced out at less than $700 at the very most.

I quickly checked Aliexpress and found they make reproductions. That's crazy to me as I didn't think this title was in demand. Too many bootlegs out there.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1524 on: April 28, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »

Contra the movie... no really ... Contra the movie:

http://chinafilminsider.c...-contra-set-become-movie/

The project was one of three scripts by Beijing Starlit Movie and TV Culture approved by China’s film bureau this month.

While the plot of the film is similar to the classic game of the same name, it changes its location to an island in the South China Sea and adds in extra Chinese characters, according to its official description.

“In 1988, a huge meteorite lands on an uninhabited island in the South China Sea,” reads the official description published by China’s media watchdog.

“Chen Qiang and Li Zhiyong investigate but come up empty handed. 29 years later, Chen sends commandos Bill and Lance into a combat mission there to neutralize the villainous Red Falcon Organization, but end up facing a different enemy altogether.”

Also:

The Korean Game Rating Board has rated a “Mega Man Legacy Collection 2” for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

According to the description, the collection will include Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10.

The first Mega Man Legacy Collection was released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2015, followed by 3DS in 2016. It includes Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, and Mega Man 6.

Capcom has yet to officially announce a “Mega Man Legacy Collection 2.”
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:38:20 PM by Addicted » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1525 on: May 04, 2017, 01:46:53 PM »

RGDS just posted an Interview with Watermelon Games:

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1526 on: May 06, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »

According to the description, the collection will include Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10.

That's awesome I will probably pick this up since I have never played any of these before.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1527 on: May 12, 2017, 06:59:16 AM »

Every year my son gets to pick out an ornament for the Christmas tree. As we were scanning the latest Hallmark catalog I noticed these are slated for a 2017 release:

Also that SoundWave is  Cool

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1528 on: May 17, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »

Today I went into a used game store I drive past while working every week but haven't been in before. Looking for a game to send to my nephew I was chatting with the shop keep, asked if they had any Intellivision games, she said no but remembered having one herself long ago. I asked if they ever saw any come into the store and she said no. I mentioned that I had something like 75 of the 125 INTV games and she goes, "Whoa, I bet you could sell those to a collector or something!"

"Yeah! Me! I'm the one you can sell those to!"   laugh
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1529 on: May 18, 2017, 12:15:04 PM »

Today I went into a used game store I drive past while working every week but haven't been in before. Looking for a game to send to my nephew I was chatting with the shop keep, asked if they had any Intellivision games, she said no but remembered having one herself long ago. I asked if they ever saw any come into the store and she said no. I mentioned that I had something like 75 of the 125 INTV games and she goes, "Whoa, I bet you could sell those to a collector or something!"

"Yeah! Me! I'm the one you can sell those to!"   laugh

I really should get a list of INTV games you got left, so I can keep a look out around here.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length