RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | New-York Test-Market NES rob the robot Promo set. *FOR SALE* 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: New-York Test-Market NES rob the robot Promo set. *FOR SALE*  (Read 19326 times)
KingKoop89
N-Gage

Stats
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:42:49 PM »

FS: New In Box. New-York Test-Market NES rob the robot Promo set.

trying to gather interest and potential buyers for my little grail here, got a baby on the way and itd be nice to get some money for him i can give him later in life or use to help raise him as i dont think he'll need this one when he has the rest of the collection at his disposal lol

even if youre not buying yourself,please share and promote this as much as possible,thank you  Grin

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:48:16 PM by KingKoop89 » Logged
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 12:01:31 PM »

Please post sales in the correct location. Moving...

KingKoop89
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 01:22:30 PM »

wtf......god... well its here...thank you soo soooo much
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »

Wow, that's nuts. Best of luck with your sale, this is way out of my price range.

KingKoop89
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »

MORE INFO:
(Not My quote)"For collectors this is pure gold"

I think what most people don't seem realize what is on sale here. This is not "a N.E.S"
This version of the Deluxe Set is the first product ever distributed by Nintendo of America to American retailers. Nintendo's test market originally consisted of 100,000 copies of the Deluxe Set distributed in specific New York retailers who agreed to tryout their products, all with a return guarantee in case it doesn't catch up like expected. The first wave went well, so later in early 1986 Nintendo of America expanded their test market to the areas of Los Angeles, and thereafter the Nintendo Entertainment System was offered in 12 of the most important centers in United States.

Using another approach to market the system to North American retailers as an "entertainment system", as opposed to a video game console, Nintendo positioned the NES more squarely as a toy, emphasizing accessories such as the Zapper light gun, and more significantly, R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy), a battery-powered robot that responds to special screen flashes with physical actions.[8] Although R.O.B. succeeded in generating retailer attention and interest for the NES, retailers were still unwilling to sign up to distribute the console.[6][fn 9] Only after an intense direct campaign by a dedicated "Nintendo SWAT team",[13] including telemarketing and shopping mall demonstrations, as well as a risk-free proposition to retailers, did Nintendo secure enough retailer support (about 500 retailers, including FAO Schwarz) to conduct a market test in New York City. Nintendo agreed to handle all store setup and marketing, extend 90 days credit on the merchandise, and accept returns on unsold inventory.[fn 10]

The NES would be released in New York City on October 18, 1985, with an initial shipment of 100,000 systems. Each set would include a console, two gamepads, a R.O.B., a Zapper, and the Game Paks Gyromite and Duck Hunt.[14] With encouraging sales over the holiday season,[fn 11] Nintendo added Los Angeles as a test market in February 1986, followed by Chicago and San Francisco, progressively spreading out into the top 12 US markets, finally going nationwide in September.[16] Nintendo managed to secure a distribution deal with toy company Worlds of Wonder, which leveraged its popular Teddy Ruxpin and Lazer Tag products to get more stores to carry the console.[8]

For the nationwide launch, the NES was available in two different packages: the full-featured $249 USD "Deluxe Set" as configured during the New York City launch, and a scaled-down "Control Deck" package which included two gamepads and a copy of Super Mario Bros. To accompany this wide release, Nintendo marketed eighteen launch titles: 10-Yard Fight, Baseball, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Duck Hunt, Excitebike, Golf, Gyromite, Hogan's Alley, Ice Climber, Kung Fu, Mach Rider, Pinball, Stack-Up, Super Mario Bros., Tennis, Wild Gunman, and Wrecking Crew.

So....as you can see,i got 1ofakind history here! lol

KingKoop89
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »

NOW ON EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2..._trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
entity
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »

Wow. I knew it was valuable but had no idea it was around that price. Good luck, its definitely cool!
KingKoop89
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »

^the buy it now is NOT the asking price,it is significantly north of that actually,my selling limit is too low at the moment had to list it for "messaged offers"
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »

If you think the thing is worth 10 grand put a 10k BIN on it OBO.

Or run an auction with the reserve at whatever stupid high price you think it is worth.

Putting an auction up with a BIN of 3ks dollars and then saying "make me offers for more than my current asking price" just makes zero sense.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 10:31:44 AM »

If you think the thing is worth 10 grand put a 10k BIN on it OBO.

Or run an auction with the reserve at whatever stupid high price you think it is worth.

Putting an auction up with a BIN of 3ks dollars and then saying "make me offers for more than my current asking price" just makes zero sense.

Exactly what I would do - make it stupid high and take OBO offers on it. Then, just re-list with the reserve in mind if you have a lot of activity on the auction, otherwise take the highest offer.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »

That has to be one of the dumbest auction I have ever seen. If you want "north" of 3K put it up to what you want.

KingKoop89
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »

nobody asked you,my selling limit is too low, cant fix it for over 2weeks from now.
way to piss on a disabled guys charity auction for his coming child btw...hope you feel real good about yourself.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »

Why put it up for 3K when you want more? If someone buys it that is a legal binding contract. I am not "pissing" on your auction I just think it wasnt the smartest thing to do. Why does being disabled change anything? Disabled or not it is a bad idea.

KingKoop89
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »

i dont have to ship it lol and it says you will be refunded if someone that cant read buys it XD
if someone hit the buy it now thats what would happen, its not like swat is gonna show up and tell me to fork it over XD

this is kind of a test market of a test-market once i have my clientele i will start up the real auction.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 12:11:57 PM »

I really do understand what you are doing. But starting for that low (when you want more) seems odd. If you started it at your asking price would you have not found your buyers that way?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length