RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Tragic News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Tragic News  (Read 25811 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 07:32:30 PM »

Damn, so sad. Now I won't have anyone to reprimand me for stupid posts.

R.I.P.  Nep
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 08:34:41 PM by The_Other_Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 08:10:35 PM »

truly a sad day for all. my  condolences to his family.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
This Dude Abides
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 01:27:07 AM »

Damn... Cry    

As a newer member here, I didn't know him that well, and it's sad that I never will.

R.I.P. Mike.  

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 02:27:01 AM »

First Doug's little brother and now Mike.  What a tragic day. Sad  I personally did not know Mike but from the little I did chat with him on here he was a very helpful and intelligent person.  I'm glad is obsession with video games caused him to make the best and most awesome site on the web and I'm glad I found this site.  He was always nice and witty and I wish I would have joined sooner so I could have met him sooner.  I still remember when I said to Mike what if this site goes away and he said it will never go away.  Let's keep up with his baby and may you join us in your afterlife in the chatroom.  You will truly be missed Mike.  I don't even know you and I shed a tear.  It's like my long lost brother has died.  Cry
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 02:27:23 AM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 04:16:44 AM »

I first met Mike way back in the old Video Game Bible days. I've never met him in person but have known him through through the sites for almost 5 years. When Mike first founded RFG he asked me to be a member of the staff. I've always been grateful for that and have really enjoyed helping him build RFG to what it is today.

I plan on continuing to help out here as well. This is a great place and it's a piece of Mike that we'll always have. Keeping it going is a great way to honor his memory.

I will always fondly remember the times I shared with Mike through RFG. I will miss you man. God Bless and RIP.

Patrick
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 07:02:09 AM »

Oh my god, awful news. DigitalSpace says so concisely what I've been struggling to put into words. RIP.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 08:18:59 AM »

Wow...so unexpected...

I agree that we need to keep this site going.  That's what Mike would want.  My condolences to all his family and friends.  May he rest in peace.

- Zac
VACRMH
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 08:24:35 AM »

Holy shit.

I'm very sorry Sad To everyone here and to everyone who was close to him.

eternalblue81
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 11:21:33 AM »

My condolences to friends and family. I didn't know him, but enjoyed his posts and dedication to this place. It's so sad to lose anyone so young.  Sad
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 03:25:15 PM »

This message is coming from Mike's Mom -- I hope I'm doing this right.  Thank you all for your kind words about Mike -- he was very special and will be missed greatly by his family and friends.  I'm sure he's happy that so many of you plan to adopt his "baby" and keep this site alive.  One other thing that you can do that he would appreciate:  Mike's dad and I have asked Eddie (I forget his name on the site -- I think it has something to do with a pirate) to go through Mike's huge video game collection and sell most of it.  All of the money raised will be sent to an orphanage in Peru where Mike did some mission work.  Any help that you can give Eddie will be appreciated.  Thanks so much!  Pat Collins

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »

This message is coming from Mike's Mom -- I hope I'm doing this right.  Thank you all for your kind words about Mike -- he was very special and will be missed greatly by his family and friends.  I'm sure he's happy that so many of you plan to adopt his "baby" and keep this site alive.  One other thing that you can do that he would appreciate:  Mike's dad and I have asked Eddie (I forget his name on the site -- I think it has something to do with a pirate) to go through Mike's huge video game collection and sell most of it.  All of the money raised will be sent to an orphanage in Peru where Mike did some mission work.  Any help that you can give Eddie will be appreciated.  Thanks so much!  Pat Collins

Your first post was fine. I have told Eddie I will help sell Mike's games on various different video game sites and Ebay.

Best wishes in you time of need.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 03:31:02 PM by tynstar » Logged

Kamino
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 03:54:16 PM »

ohSNAP!!!!
Well, if that doesn't put a damper on the day.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 05:03:28 PM »

I never had the chance to meet Mike in person, but I did have the pleasure of knowing getting to know him online over the past three and a half, or four years.  Like den, first on the Video Game Bible, then here on the RFgeneration and even though I never did meet him in person I still considered him somewhat of a friend.  He was one of the nicest and coolest people I've ever known.  My condolences go out to his family and friends.  I'll miss and never forget Mike.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 05:08:14 PM »

Tynstar -- thanks so much.  I can by some of the posts that many of you are wondering what happened with Mike.  He apparently was very upset over some things going on in his life,  and he temporarily forgot about all the people who cared so much for him, and he chose to end his life.  The police told us that it appears that he died instantly.  He's at peace now.  We really appreciate all of your prayers and kind words.  -- Pat Collins

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »

I really have no idea what to say, but I feel the need to give my condolences to Mike's family.  While I never knew him very well, I felt this tragedy deeply.  He was a great guy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length