RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:02:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423399 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »

Lack of stealth would have been him staring at the building with a rocket launcher and people taking cover behind vehicles trying and failing to shoot him.

Explosions do not cancel out stealth all by themselves.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »

I feel the need to kill some virtual turkeys.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »

Lack of stealth would have been him staring at the building with a rocket launcher and people taking cover behind vehicles trying and failing to shoot him.

Explosions do not cancel out stealth all by themselves.

Yeah, you could sabotage stuff plenty and not get caught in the last few games. The linearity is what scares me most, the game should be open-ended and let me choose my way or I don't want it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »

I was just looking at completed listings on ebay. The Atari homebrew, Halo 2600, I just bought in September for $30 is regularly selling for $150 plus. So that's pretty awesome.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »

While pulling shit from the top of my closet* i came across what i thought was going to eb another box of games. it turned out to be 1 of the 2 boxes of Hardy Boys books that i have. I got the whole series as a gift when i was 14 or so. If memory serves about 3/4th of them are originals and the rest were re-publishings. Not a single one ever got the cover cracked...

I also rediscovered my Naki Gamesavers for the SNES!
Probably one of my favorite pick ups in the wild. Quite possibly the best too. I picked up one from a shop maybe my first year of actively collecting. The guy said he had a bunch more stored away and i ended up buying 5 brand new ones still in their original shipping box.

* i quickly realized i had put things up there before hanging the shelves below. Getting them back down out no easy task... Getting things back up there will be easier on the plus side. But i think i am going to put some of the long collectors editions so i can get

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #380 on: November 22, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »

it turned out to be 1 of the 2 boxes of Hardy Boys books that i have.

i used to love the Hardy Boys series, i had quite a few of them but i think i only read about 10-15 of them at the most.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »

I frantically was searching for my game.com stuff and even drove back over to my parents house to try and find it.
Then the suppressed memories of me selling everything started trickling back in...

I can't find the box with the plastic tabs sticking out of the top because i fit them into an interlocking pattern laying down... and i did have the games in the closet here and the system in the closet there... and a huge stack of games didn't fit on that top shelf before...

Now i am sad. I almost had the library finished. It will be easy enough to repurchase nearly everything but having to pay 6-10$s shipping for each game blows. The shipping cost me as much or more than nearly everything for the system :-/

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #382 on: November 29, 2012, 05:33:24 PM »

The poster that came with Swords and Serpents is badass.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #383 on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:45 AM »

Lightspan has either tanked in value or this guy just really wants these to move.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/P...s&hash=item27cd79ab0a

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

http://www.reddit.com/r/g...plete_us_snes_collection/

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »

Someone needs to contact byuu and get GameSniped/GameGavel on that.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »

Someone needs to contact byuu and get GameSniped/GameGavel on that.

One of the mods has already been telling him about that. I might tweet it to GameGavel or something.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »

If there's one thing I know, it's how to pimp out an auction...so many people/sites to contact that he could get interested.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #388 on: December 06, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »

Cover art for Tiger Woods 14 makes me think that the next golfing games to be released will not have Tiger as a sponsor.
[img width=550 height=788]http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/013127.jpg[/img]
I am expecting to see a EA Sports Presents The Masters 2015 or some variation there of.

ALSO
Shadow you should be thinking more about getting permission to use his scans than pimping his sale. Something that large doesn't stay hidden. This is the internet after all.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #389 on: December 07, 2012, 02:32:06 AM »

I am so pissed off at those damn timed stages in Rayman Origins...

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length